Once a peaceful, sparsely populated farming community, Avondale has grown into a major bedroom for the Phoenix workforce. Its impressive growth chased away some of the peace and quiet, at least as far as traffic safety is concerned. More and more traffic accidents occur, driving their victims to look for an Avondale car accident attorney.
Every year, approximately 1,500 accidents occur in the area. Over 30% of them result in injuries that bring about medical expenses and other financial losses. A few actually take lives. Most of the times, recovering these losses falls on the victims’ Avondale car accident attorney.
Probably the first thing an auto accident lawyer will look at when reviewing a case is the cause of the crash. It helps them understand how the accident occurred and who was at fault for it. It also gives them a starting point for their investigation, telling them where to look for evidence. Here are some of the most common accident causes in Avondale.
The Most Common Accident Causes an Avondale Car Accident Lawyer Encounters
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, most accidents occur due to:
- Intoxication with drugs or alcohol – Many drivers operate their vehicle after drinking or taking drugs. Some drive under the influence of medication without realizing the potential negative impact on their abilities.
- Distractions – Today’s drivers seem addicted to their mobile devices. They use them even in situations when the law forbids them, ignoring the risk. There are also drivers who get carried away in conversations with their passengers. The scenery may be distracting to some drivers in transit as well.
- Fatigue – In Arizona, as in many other places, some days seem too short. Their 24 hours are not enough for drivers to receive their much-needed rest. Some get behind the wheel exhausted and end up falling asleep or distracted.
- Recklessness – Many drivers overestimate their own skills or rely on others to protect them. They perform dangerous maneuvers in traffic, without thinking of the risks. Sometimes, those maneuvers lead to accidents. Under Arizona laws, the party at fault covers the damages caused, so recklessness can be costly.
Experience has taught Avondale auto accident attorneys to recognize such driver behavior in how the accident occurs. When they do, they request BAC results, driver schedules, and driving records to prove their point. Here are some common situations when an Avondale car accident attorney may question driver behavior:
- Driving faster than the speed limit or too fast for the traffic conditions.
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Following too closely
- Disregarding traffic signals
- Making improper turns
- Driving in the opposing lane
- Driving left of the center line
- Driving in restricted areas
- Unsafe lane changes
- Loss of vehicle control
By themselves, some of these maneuvers may not seem like a big deal. After all, many drivers press the acceleration pedal, tailgate, or force their luck in intersections. However, when they result in accidents, things change, and the turn they take is not positive.
The consequences of an accident depend on several other factors besides the above traffic maneuvers. Examples include vehicle speed and technical condition, road conditions, and seatbelt use. Due to these factors, some accidents result only in property damage while others end lives. Some cause losses of only a few hundred dollars, while others can result in million-dollar compensations.
As a driver, you can minimize accident risks by obeying traffic rules and driving cautiously. As an accident victim, you can prove the cause and obtain compensation by working with an Avondale car accident attorney. Avondale insurers and jury members are not easy to convince, so you will need all the help you can get.
Get Help from an Avon Car Accident Attorney
Warnock MacKinlay Law
If you were the victim of a car accident, you will need to prove how the accident occurred. You will also need to document your losses and expenses. This can be challenging when you are recovering from your injuries. For an experienced and dedicated car accident attorney, it is just part of everyday routine.
At Warnock MacKinlay Law, we know the above-described behaviors and scenarios by heart. We also know how to prove them and obtain the compensation you deserve. You too can benefit from our experience and resources. Schedule a free consultation with our Avondale car accident lawyer by calling 623-777-2112 to find out more! You will obtain all the advice and assistance you need, no strings attached.