INJURED IN A BUS ACCIDENT?
GET THE MONEY
WHY CHOOSE US TO BE YOUR ARIZONA BUS ACCIDENT LAWYER
AWARD WINNING BUS
What Our Clients Say
“During my career, I have been privileged to work with the top lawyers in the country and in the world. Most recently, I am working with a national company that funds medical care for those injured in motor vehicle accidents, and I have become acquainted with the top lawyers across the country in the personal injury market. In that capacity, I have been privileged to get to know Nathaniel “Nate” Preston, and the team of lawyers and staff at Warnock MacKinlay Law in Arizona. I can state without reservation that if I needed a personal injury attorney in Arizona, I could call a premier law firm like this one.”
-F. Lee Baily, Famous Attorney For the Defense of O.J. Simpson
“We have worked with Nate Preston and his team at Warnock MacKinlay Law for years. We could not ask for a better partner. They are thoughtful, smart, hardworking, and above all else good people. Whether you are a client looking for representation or a lawyer looking to refer a case, I highly recommend Warnock MacKinlay Law.”
-Todd Richheimer, Managing Partner at Lawfty Law
“The lawyers at Warnock MacKinlay Law are skilled litigators who I trust to effectively prosecute claims and get results.”
- Nicholas Bender, Partner at Bender Day Cullimore
“As a partner in one of the larger law firms in Arizona I have had the pleasure of working with Nate Preston and the attorneys at Warnock MacKinlay Law for over four years on a substantial basis. Their professionalism, attention to detail, understanding of the personal injury/automobile accident industry and concern for clients is second to none. Without hesitation, I would recommend Warnock MacKinlay Law to any client or other law firm seeking quality representation and great results.”
-David Bacon, Partner at Davis, Miles, McGuire and Gardner
“Nathaniel is an extremely knowledgeable personal injury attorney and a strong advocate for his clients. I do not hesitate at all in endorsing him.”
-Alexander Silkman, Founder Silkman Law Firm
MEET OUR BUS
WHAT TO DO AFTER A
TYPES OF COMPENSATION
WE WILL HELP YOU RECOVER
How Much Is Your Accident Case Worth?
Take the Next Step to Schedule Your FREE Consultation
HAVE A FREE DISCUSSION WITH AN ATTORNEY
ABOUT YOUR INJURIES AND CASE
Want to know more?
COMMON BUS ACCIDENT INJURY QUESTIONS
Arizona saw nearly 1,000 accidents involving buses in 2017 despite only having 2,000 buses registered in the state. While it is easy to trust the misconception that all vehicle accidents are the same – from cars and trucks to buses and trains – it’s simply not the case. There are several key elements that set business or bus accidents apart from standard automobile accidents in the judicial system:
- Number of Parties Involved: Most automobile accidents involve just a handful of people depending on the number of passengers in each vehicle. However, a bus accident can quickly generate a double-digit casualty or fatality figure.
- Number of Severe Injuries: From a legal standpoint, a single bus accident could lead to a vast number of lawsuits, wrongful death claims and personal injury cases being filed against the at-fault driver and/or their commercial company. The increasing notoriety and publicity associated with these cases could play out in your favor with an expert Arizona bus accident lawyer working on your behalf.
- Number of Agencies Involved: Commercial buses are typically connected to much larger entities – such as commercial driving companies, transportation department, public/private schools, and churches. This means that the opposing counsel will likely consist of heavy-hitters looking to dissect your personal injury case as much as possible. An Arizona bus accident lawyer can help you to fortify your case to withstand this test of time and help you to win the justice you deserve.
Meanwhile, a car accident claim is more straightforward. Legal claims arising from automobile accidents are usually governed by the law of negligence. Claimants must show that their injuries were caused in whole or in part by someone who failed to exercise reasonable care while driving on the roadway.
There is no doubt that you will feel very overwhelmed and stressed if you are involved in a bus accident in Arizona. Notwithstanding, there are several things you must do immediately after a bus accident so that you can get the most money possible for your accident injuries.
- Hire an experienced bus accident lawyer immediately. Call us now at 602-600-6427 to schedule your FREE Consultation.
- Do not discuss your bus accident case with anyone. If a representative from any insurance company or an investigator tries to question you or any family member about your case, please find out their name, the company name and who they represent and refer them to our office immediately. Never give them any information or sign any papers.
- Stay off social media. If you use any form of social media (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, FitBit, Health Apps, Blogs, etc.), it is important that you do not post anything regarding your accident and/or injuries, and maintain a private profile. Anyone who seeks information from you may represent an insurance company or adverse party. Information you disclose could harm your bus accident case.
- Save all the evidence from the bus accident scene, including a copy of the police accident report, photos or videos, and the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Get treatment and make sure you follow all your doctor’s recommendations.
- Advise your doctor of all medical complaints, including minor ones, so your medical condition can be properly documented and evaluated. This will allow you to achieve a speedy recovery and prevent the insurance company from claiming that your medical issues were caused by our failure to follow doctor’s orders.
- Make a written list of your accident injury symptoms, no matter how minor. This will prevent problems with minor issues that may get worse by not being considered as part of your accident-related injuries. It is also recommended that you keep a record of your pain levels, at least weekly or when there are any significant changes, and any activities you cannot do as a result of your accident.
- DOWNLOAD ACCIDENT JOURNAL.
- Do not give a written or recorded statement to the insurance company. All communication should be handled by your bus accident lawyer.
Generally no. You should NEVER speak with representatives from the other party’s insurance company, unless we have authorized you to do so. Always remember that you should not discuss the facts of the accident or your injuries with anyone other than your bus accident lawyer.
If a representative contacts you, politely tell them that you have retained an attorney to represent you. The representative should then contact us and never contact you again. If they do, please notify us immediately and we will file a complaint with the Department of Insurance because it is unfair claims practice for an insurance representative to contact a party knowingly represented by an attorney.
Generally, the answer is “No”. Remember, the insurance company does not work for you – they work for the individual who caused your accident. Oftentimes, even before you obtain medical attention and assess the extent of your injuries, you may be contacted by a claims adjuster who will make you a ridiculous, low-ball offer. They are hoping you will accept this offer before you understand the full extent of your damages.
Many people accept these types of offers and sign a release, only to find out further complications “down the road”. Tough Luck. In most states, including Arizona, a release is worded in such a way as to make it almost impossible to ever seek any further compensation after you sign, even if you find your injuries are much worse than you ever anticipated. You shouldn’t agree without first consulting a good Arizona bus accident attorney.
Insurance companies have teams of lawyers and adjusters representing the person who caused your accident and they will do everything possible to reduce the value of your claim. Facing such a team of skilled professionals without having your own legal representation is unwise. It is possible to pursue your claim alone, but you will literally be at the insurance company’s mercy.
The insurance company will make you only a small offer or will simply deny your claim altogether. Unless you are well-trained in the law and understand your legal rights, it will be very difficult to combat the insurance company all on your own and know which avenues you should pursue. Each attorney at our firm is a well-trained, skilled bus accident attorney for Arizona. We know the law here and have negotiated against insurance companies many times successfully.
The amount of money you will ultimately recover depends on a variety of issues, the most important of which is the nature of your injuries caused by the accident and the comprehensive medical treatment you receive for those injuries.
At Warnock MacKinlay Law, we will help you seek reimbursement for any or all of the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of love and support
- Mental and emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent impairment and disability
If you would like to get a better idea of the value of your case, give us a call. Our intake specialists can give you a much better idea after talking through the details of your case.