Many people trust public transportation – such as city buses – to reduce the stress and anxiety of driving on the busy roads of Arizona. However, when you are involved in a bus accident either as a passenger of the bus or a vehicle struck by one, this type of unexpected tragedy can change that forever. Fortunately, an Arizona bus accident lawyer can work with you one-on-one to navigate through the rocky road of filing a personal injury case. If you have been involved in a bus accident, call Nathaniel B. Preston at Warnock MacKinlay Law today to schedule your risk-free consultation
Why You Need an Arizona Bus Accident Lawyer
Arizona saw nearly 1,000 accidents involving buses in 2017 despite only having 2,000 buses registered in the state. While it is easy to trust the misconception that all vehicle accidents are the same – from cars and trucks to buses and trains – it’s simply not the case. There are several key elements that set business or bus accidents apart from standard automobile accidents in the judicial system:
- Number of Parties Involved: Most automobile accidents involve just a handful of people depending on the number of passengers in each vehicle. However, a bus accident can quickly generate a double-digit casualty or fatality figure.
- Number of Severe Injuries: From a legal standpoint, a single bus accident could lead to a vast number of lawsuits, wrongful death claims and personal injury cases being filed against the at-fault driver and/or their commercial company. The increasing notoriety and publicity associated with these cases could play out in your favor with an expert Arizona bus accident lawyer working on your behalf.
- Number of Agencies Involved: Commercial buses are typically connected to much larger entities – such as commercial driving companies, transportation department, public/private schools, and churches. This means that the opposing counsel will likely consist of heavy-hitters looking to dissect your personal injury case as much as possible. An Arizona bus accident lawyer can help you to fortify your case to withstand this test of time and help you to win the justice you deserve.
When you are victimized by any type of accident involving a commercial vehicle, you may quickly see “dollar signs” and wonder exactly how many zeros will be featured in your settlement check.
Contrary to popular opinion, it is not that easy. As referenced above, you will be going head-to-head against the commercial company’s expert legal team – a team assembled with one goal: proving that they were not at fault.
Investing in the services and expertise of an Arizona bus accident attorney will give you the best chance of surviving this type of intense case and succeeding.
What Should I Tell the Insurance Company?
Within a few days of your bus accident (if not sooner), you will become bombarded with phone calls, letters, and emails from insurance companies, lawyers and other related parties – especially if the other driver was at-fault.
Without legal representation at your side, your desire to hastily resolve the issue and move forward with your life may rob you of the compensation and monetary restoration you deserve.
Once you hire an Arizona bus accident lawyer to work on your case, you can rest assured in knowing this type of communication will be properly handled on your behalf.
Will I Have to Go to Court for the Bus Accident Case?
Stepping inside a courtroom may seem like a daunting task. That is simply because it is– especially if it will require you to relive one of the most horrifying days of your life as you testify in front of a judge and/or jury.
Fortunately, your Arizona bus accident attorney will work hard behind the scenes to fight those battles for you both inside and outside of the courtroom.
The ideal solution to almost any personal injury case or an accident-related lawsuit is to negotiate a substantial settlement agreement behind the scenes. Your bus accident lawyer will be able to skillfully use these types of negotiations to argue your case to get the most value from your claim.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may not have to go to court at all. If you do need to step foot into the courtroom, though, your bus accident attorney will keep you informed on the best way to handle your courtroom appearance from start to finish.
How Can You Prove Negligence in a Bus Accident Case?
Commercial drivers and bus drivers are legally bound to high standards of service and customer care – especially when compared to the standards set for passenger vehicles.
As any Arizona bus accident lawyer will tell you, the key that you need to unlock a courtroom victory is proof of negligence and/or fault.
Even a case that may seem like an “open-shut” case in your favor can easily be argued (and decided upon) in a different direction – depending on the skillset and expertise of the opposing counsel.
The last thing you want is to invest your hard-earned money into an attorney who may or may not even be qualified to fight this type of case.
How, then, can you prove that the other driver was negligent? There are several factors that your bus accident attorney will examine to determine if this applies to your situation:
- Police Reports: When a police officer is dispatched to any scene of a crime or accident, he or she is required to file a police report for documentation purposes. Your bus accident lawyer can give access to these resources much easier and quicker than you can – which would allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries and working hard to get your life back on track.
- Witness Statements: You more than likely have the statements of your friends and family members who may have been involved in the accident with you. However, what about the other passengers involved who may be able to recount much more about the accident than you? Your lawyer will be able to study these statements and any other evidence filed on your case to fortify a solid defense on your behalf.
Call to Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
When you want to file a personal injury case or wrongful death lawsuit against a commercial driving company or city bus line, you must remember that time is not on your side. You must act fast to stay ahead of any enforced deadlines and tight timelines that you must follow.
Call Nathaniel B. Preston today to find out exactly how an Arizona bus accident lawyer can help you and your family. During our initial consultation, we will be able to examine the conditions of your case and offer a professional recommendation regarding what you should do next.