PHOENIX, ARIZONA SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Drownings and swimming pool accidents are the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. Unintentional drownings claim 10 lives every day. About 20% of those deaths are children. Phoenix lawyer Warnock MacKinlay Law is experienced with representing drowning victims’ families and victims of swimming pool related accidents.
Any swimming pool – public and private – can be the scene of an accident. More common causes of these accidents include improper fencing or no fencing around the swimming pool, property owner negligence, or negligence on the behalf of caregivers or babysitters. Diving in shallow water, poor or defective swimming pool designs and even pool pump malfunctions can cause swimming pool accidents. If you or a family member suffered damages because of a swimming pool-related accident resulting from someone else’s negligence, you might be eligible to receive compensation. This compensation can help you with medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma that resulted from the accident or loss of life.
Swimming pool accident attorney in Phoenix
Swimming Pool Safety Tips to Prevent Accidents
Arizona has specific laws regarding pool safety. In the state, swimming pool owners can be held liable for failure to maintain and ensure the safety of their pool:
- The pool area must be entirely enclosed with fencing at least five feet tall;
- There cannot be any openings except for gates or doors for objects larger than 4 inches in diameter;
- There cannot be any openings, footholds, or handholds that are accessible from the outside of the pool that anyone can use as a way to climb the barrier; and
- Fencing must be at least 20 inches away from the water’s edge.
The Arizona Department of Health Services has more information about swimming pool safety, see their site.
For additional safety, follow these additional pool safety precautions to decrease the chances of swimming pool accidents and the liability resulting from such.
- Children shouldn’t be left unattended and always require supervision when near or in a pool.
- Regardless of swim lessons and floatation devices, supervision cannot be substituted.
- Anyone supervising a pool must know CPR.
- Don’t prop open swimming pool gates.
- Remove objects that might be used by someone to climb over a gate.
- Don’t try to dive into shallow water.
- Don’t swim under the influence of alcohol.
Free Initial Consultation — Call Phoenix Swimming Pool Accident Attorney Nathaniel B. Preston
Nate is a caring and compassionate attorney who will help you get the compensation you deserve for the damages you incurred. Your initial consultation is completely free. You don’t have to pay out anything unless Nate recovers damages for you. He has helped the families of drowning victims and those who have suffered life-altering injuries in pool accidents get the compensation they need for basic living expenses and the damages suffered in such accidents.
If you or a family member has suffered because of a swimming pool accident or a drowning in the Phoenix area or surrounding communities, you need to contact Nate today to set up your consultation. You just need to fill out the form online or call 602-833-0933 to set up your appointment.